Monday, October 04, 2010

Calligraphic Clouds




If I knew more about clouds, I'd create a series of envelope styles after each one. Maybe that's a direction I should carry my work towards. After looking deeply at the beautiful Bill Lily vlopes I blogged about recently, I tried on his hat and did some calligraphic cloud formations.... here are a couple. And MAN are they fun.

It remains to be seen whether my flourishes are best done quickly or slowly. I think both are possible, but my hand wants to go fast right now - so I am honoring that.

2 comments:

Marlis said...

so many lovely things on here!! always love to see and hear about what you are doing. your calligraphy blows me away! and those the rock sweaters are too much-love it!

Anne Elser said...

Thank you so much marlis! Looks like you and Brad are on a great adventure and I am SO SO SO excited for you!!! I really miss you and feel badly that I haven't been out yet to meet Bea. I just gotta carve the time out because if wait for the window, it'll never come! Will be in touch shortly. XO