Friday, September 03, 2010

Oh, Graphite, How I Love Thee




I am working on a new calligraphic piece for the Atlantan Brides this weekend. Their next big bridal event is called An Evening of Bridal Luxury. It takes place at the newly renovated Roxy Theater in Buckhead and I'll be up front with my ink and quill ready to scribe each guests name as she arrives.


This is the sketch for the program artwork, which I am also designing. A menu comes after that and a few other pieces of signage.


I love my General's Test Scoring pencil with its lovely pink eraser. I sketch and sketch until the proportions are right. For the final, I use the sketch as a backdrop while I work, either in ink or pixel, it doesn't matter as long as the emotion and swing behind the graceful curves remains intact.


I am having a blast. :)

3 comments:

Masha said...

You are a true inspiration to me to work harder on my calligraphy!

Lauren said...

Ohhh, that's beautiful Anne!

Anne Elser said...

Thank you Ladies! I worked on the illustrator version today. Still love both but man - the graphite is so soft and sexy.