Saturday, October 06, 2007

Morning


We're having fun here in Chicago. I love the energy of a Northern urban environment. Makes me miss my undergrad days in Cleveland. Doug is preparing for his marathon and we will meet him tomorrow at the finish line.

I just went to this wonderful knitting shop called Nina. Bought a cute little project bag in pink tafetta to keep my latest project in. I think I will have to go back tomorrow to buy a skein of something naughty and expensive I regret not purchasing today.

I have been feeling pretty good these past few days. I stopped eating crap. I've been eating crap ever since I got pregnant. And I just stopped a few days ago. It's amazing the difference it makes in your mood. The best effect is that I don't feel guilty about what I'm putting in my mouth. The next good feeling is just physically feeling better - lighter on my feet and more energetic. Both of these things make you a happier person. I hope this all leads to weight loss. I would like to have my old body back. Mom and her sister have been taking Alli for a while now and say it works wonders. I'm tempted to try it. Though I hear it really punishes you when you eat too much fat.

Little Anton mouse is on total solid food now. His little fingers are fastly adapting to the challenge of developing those small muscles and coordination. It's fascinating to watch him eat. He's holding a sippy cup on his own now. And has become an expert crawler.

Finally, the painting you see up top is called "morning." I did it about 10 years ago. It lives with Peter here and i've been meaning to take a picture of it for some time now. It's all about the sunny mornings I had as a child. I sat in the kitchen bay window with lots of light. We drank milk (and yes, we had a milkman and real glass milk jugs) and Mathis Dairy orange juice, which my Dad would shake at the kitchen sink and sing. We had pretty striped juice glasses. Mom would make biscuits from scratch (NO KIDDING) every morning. I took a vitamin and allergy pill. All of these items are in the painting, as is the southern morning light. And a feeling of gratitude for family.

We leave for St. Louis on Monday, then back to Atlanta on Tuesday. See you when I return. Yay!

No comments: