Tuesday, August 21, 2007

~:My Cup Runneth Over:~

Speaking of running over, spilling open and embracing life, I feel I really have.

I went for my yearly "I'm a woman and I can prove it" check up at the OB yesterday. The last time I was there, I had just had Anton and was hours away from a week of migraines and that lovely seizure, clutching my stomach and pulsing head as they wheeled me back to the ER. Oooftah. I'm glad those days are over.

I felt pretty triumphant going back in this week. From the parking lot, I took the stairs instead of the elevator. I marched back into the office, smiling and nodding to the nurses and doctors who recognized me. "You're lookin' good, Anne. Nice to see you again, Anne. How's that baby? Worth it, wasn't he?!" Thanks and yes, indeed he was.

Feeling saucy, I wrote this on my urine specimen cup and even saucier when I snapped these pictures - sparing you, of course, the sight of the cup running over.

2 comments:

minus five said...

awesome.

when i had to get that colonoscopy a few weeks ago, one of my friends dared me to write, "hey, doc!" in big, black letters on my ass. i kind of wish i had.

maryk said...

This Simpson and Snatch episode episode is based on an actual visit i had several days before. Mine wasn't in Tbilisi, but the doctor did reference the movie, and end with that last remark about the "dirty."

http://tinyurl.com/2v2tly