Friday, May 05, 2006

~:T H E * T H I N G:~ For all you bloggers who are falling asleep on AnnePages due to lack of posts... here's an update. NO, it's not my belly. That'll come this weekend. But check this creepy image out. Can you see my blue veins? By the time I'm ready to go into labor, there will be 50% MORE blood pumping through my body. Now - there's already much more - and you can see it in my chest. My pulse is stronger and more rapid also. I can make the headboard knock against the wall in our bedroom just with my obnoxious pulse. Weird, huh?

One advantage to the increase in blood flow is that I've said goodbye to cold feet and having to wear socks at night. I'm comfortably warm. I hope the summer's not too hot for me. One disadvantage to the whole blood thing is that its first duty is to the womb. Which means there's less flowing through my brain - which means that when I open my mouth to verbalize the few thoughts left IN my brain, I sound like a fucking third grader. No shit! I am losing my vocabulary. And my mind.

Ok. So you're still bored? Sorry. I'll post the belly pictures next.

XOXOX,

~Anne

8 comments:

Tania Rochelle said...

Anne, you just wanted to show off your new breasts.

Anne Elser said...

They really aren't mine. Just on loan.

Mary Campbell said...

Wow...that is something...I am not sure I understand how you will have 50% more blood when you go into labor...where does the blood go after you have the baby? Hmmm....

Mo said...

i think i see cleavage!

Michelle Rollins said...

glad to hear it is normal... I think. Your next looks crazy, you could connect all the lines and see if you get an interesting image.

About the blood to the brain... your smart it will be okay.

Anne Elser said...

I don't know where all the blood goes - probably fades slowly. Think of the body as a machine that's supporting another life as well as your own. All that blood and water it takes to support my own works hard for this baby, too - so you need more or everything. Calories, water, muscle, air. All those extra nutrients you need get transmitted via blood to the baby - so I guess it makes sense. Also - the talk of pregnancy glow is based on the whole blood thing - there's more color to your face and your hair stops falling out like it naturally does.

Did you know your rib cage actually expands, because your lungs need more air? All the ligaments in your body relax to get ready for the big day. So I'm a little wider everywhere. Even now, I am wearing my mother's shoes - a whole size larger than my own. So it's weird. It feels like I'm being held captive and sometimes it's frustrating. I think what I miss most is my usual zip in energy. I feel less energy for everything. Going to bed at 8 or 9 sounds like heaven. During these past few months, I have been my MOST unproductive ever. At least that's what it feels like on the outside. I have to keep reminding myself that on the inside, I've never been MORE productive. I'll just have to settle for looking bad on the outside for a while and being the last to update my beelog.

Jason said...

After seeing the birthing video, and hearing my sister-in-law talk about it on her hospital bed...let me tell you, you don't want to know where all the blood goes. Oh wait, but it's a bunch of women I'm talking to here...

Hey Anne, Lyndsey is 1 cm. dialated! so it begins.

Anne Elser said...

Oh, Jason that is soooo exciting! I'll be praying all day for you guys. Yay!!!